Texas Christian School (TCS) provides top notch academic programs that prepare our students for the next level, but our reach goes beyond the classroom. Our faculty and staff engage students in service to our community and our Lord. We provide leadership opportunities, athletics, and fine arts that build confidence and skills to assist in developing focus and teamwork.
Texas Christian School in Houston, Texas, was established as a college preparatory school with an advanced curriculum that would challenge eager minds based on a character development program that would nurture the individual. TCS trains young people, not only academically, but also in character development which prepares them as leaders in the work force with values that will enable them to be an asset to their employer, the community, state, and nation.
The idea of Texas Christian School began in 1986 with a vision of greatness and a thought of developing a Christian school district in Houston. The idea was put into motion and by 1988 TCS incorporated under the Texas Christian Educational Foundation, Inc. The next step was to locate a growing area, which needed and would support a central Christian Jr./Sr. High School. After much research, many surveys, and a feasibility study, the Bear Creek, Copperfield area proved to be an ideal location for such a venture.
TCS was able to negotiate a lease with a church in the area to host the school and began the operation from that location. Curriculum was acquired, notices of public meetings were published through the neighborhood newspapers, flyers were distributed, and radio stations announced the opening of a new Christian school in the area. Interested families and potential staff members were invited to the public meetings to inquire about the program that TCS had to offer. Students were registered, a quality staff was assembled and history was made. TCS opened in the fall of 1990 with an incredible first time enrollment of 75 students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Texas Christian School was established as a college preparatory school with an advanced curriculum that would challenge eager minds, based on character development programs that would nurture the individual. TCS trains young people not only academically, but also in character traits which prepares them as leaders in the work force with values that will enable them to be an asset to their employer, the community, state and nation.
The purpose of Texas Christian School is two-fold. First, as a ministry of the Lord, we provide the opportunity for a quality Christian education and strive for excellence in spiritual, academic, social, and physical development. Secondly, because every student is designed by God for a specific purpose in this life; we seek to assist parents in discovering gifts, developing skills, molding character, and training Godly leaders who will make an impact on the people they touch for Jesus Christ.
Our Accreditation & Memberships
Texas Christian School is accredited through (TAAPS) Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools.
We have many memberships such as (ACSI) Association of Christian Schools International, (SBACS) Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools, (TCAL) Texas Christian Athletic League, (WHCAC) West Houston Christian Athletic Conference, (TPSA) Texas Private Schools Association, (NWPSP) North West Private School Preview, and more.
We are built on a heritage as old as the west; pioneers who were strong and bold, with a vision as big as the Texas sky. Committed, determined, and blazing a trail for those who would follow; confident, excelling and setting the pace for those who would contend; challenging, solidifying and paving the way to the future for those who would lead. A bright light shining in the distance with a spirit of adventure, a standard of excellence, and a vision of greatness, we are Texas…
The center of focus is all we do: the foundation on which everything else is established, and the very essence and nature of our ministry. Where the Lord Jesus Christ is pre-eminent, traditional values are emphasized, and Godly character is molded…pointing in His direction…following in His path…doing things His way…it is because of Him that we are. And, above all else, we are Christian…
Where the standards are set, expectations are held, and goals are secured. Where our eyes are fixed, hopes are anchored, and from where every good and perfect gift descends. Where the Lord Jesus sits and directs the affairs of people and nations. Where, when the final trumpet will sound, we will rise – on High!
We are an independent, nondenominational, Christian educational institution. Trained, experienced, loving, Christian professionals with a zeal for teaching…a body of believers working together to train our children and prepare them for the future: in this life and beyond…a source of higher learning, we are a School.
What We Believe
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15, 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
8. We believe that the believer is eternally secure in his eternal state with God. Salvation is a one time experience followed by various degrees of spiritual growth and dedication. God honors and rewards obedience and will discipline believers for disobedience. (John 3:16-18, 6:47, 10:28, Ephesians 2:8-9)
Join Our Expert Team
Texas Christian acknowledges that the key to a successful school is its faculty and staff. When job openings occur we seek applicants who are professionally qualified, love students, and who, by the pattern of their lives, are Christian role models (Luke 6:40).
Growth is a great thing!!! Join our Team!
Texas Christian School of Houston is accepting applications for the 2023 – 2024 school year in the following positions:
- Experienced, Christian Substitute Teachers
- We are fully staffed but we are currently accepting resumes to keep on file in the event a position comes open
Please fill out the application below and call Beckie Soliz at (281)550-6060.
You may email applications to email@example.com